Crook County Fire & Rescue is recruiting to hire Firefighter/Paramedics.
Lateral entry opportunities may be available for candidates meeting the following requirements:
- Three years of progressive career firefighter/paramedic experience
- Possession of NFPA Fire Apparatus Equipped with a Pump certification
- Meet the entry level minimum qualifications
- Must be able to obtain an Oregon Paramedic license no later than October 31, 2022 or by date of hire.
- DPSST Driver/Operator certificate or ability to obtain
- Possession of Oregon DPSST Firefighter 1 or ability to obtain
- Completion of S-130, S-190, L-180 or ability to obtain
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver’s License or ability to obtain
- 18 years of age
- DPSST Fire Apparatus Equipped with a Fire Pump certificate
- AAS Structural Fire Science
- NWCG Firefighter Type 1
- $25.44- $30.33 per hour (5 steps)
- $6189.00- $7380.00 approximate monthly salary
- Candidates that meet the lateral minimum requirements will be placed within the five-step salary schedule depending on experience.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, VEBA, flexible spending account, life insurance and long term disability
- District monthly contribution to deferred compensation
- Personal fitness and duty equipment reimbursement
- Oregon PERS retirement- employer paid
- Represented by Crook County Firefighters Association L5115
- Individuals interested in employment with Crook County Fire & Rescue must submit a completed application and cover letter. Please ensure your cover letter confirms you meet the minimum qualifications or lateral minimum qualifications. If the applicant is not yet an Oregon Paramedic they must describe in detail how they will be able to meet the October 31, 2022 Oregon Paramedic license requirement.
- Additional application requirements can be found on the job application.
- Applications may be obtained from the district website:
Completed applications must be received no later than 1700 hours on August 16, 2022 at Crook County Fire & Rescue 500 NE Belknap Street Prineville, OR 97754. Applications may be delivered in-person, mailed or emailed to (firstname.lastname@example.org). No other delivery options are available.
Application Screening and Testing Process:
|Step 1||Application/ Cover Letter||Scored based on completion and proof candidate meets minimum qualifications||Successful candidates will be invited to take the written test|
|Step 2||Written Test||Passing point to be determined||Successful candidates will be contacted and scheduled for a phone interview (if utilized)|
|Step 3||Phone Interview (If utilized)||70% minimum passing score required||Successful candidates will be invited to participate in the practical skills assessment and panel interview|
|Step 4||Practical EMS Skills Assessment||70% minimum passing score required||Anticipated test date: TBD|
|Step 5||Panel Interview||70% minimum passing score required||Anticipated test date: TBD|
- Candidates will be notified via email as to their status in the recruitment process.
- Top candidates will be invited back for an interview with the Crook County Fire & Rescue Fire Chief.
- A final job offer will be contingent on successful completion of a background process, medical physical and psychological exam.
Physical Ability Requirement:
- Candidates will be required to have a successful CPAT certificate at time of hire.
- Due to current challenges with limited CPAT testing capacity, consideration will be given for other options including an in-house physical ability test or proof of a scheduled CPAT.
Crook County Fire & Rescue