Crook County Fire and Rescue is soliciting proposals from qualified firms of certified public accountants to audit Crook County Fire and Rescue’s financial statements for the fiscal year ending 6/30/2018, with the option of auditing Crook County Fire and Rescue’s financial statements for subsequent fiscal years.
- Eligibility – authorization by the State Board of Accountants to conduct audits.
- Experience of your firm in relation to the scope of audits for the District.
- A list of similar local governments or pertinent accounts served by your firm.
- Your staff assignments and availability to complete the audit on a timely basis.
- Audit firm staff stability history – what assurances can you provide the District regarding the assignment of your permanent personnel to the engagement.
- Describe capability to audit computerized accounts receivable systems and to audit during the development of a completely computerized bookkeeping system.
- Procedures used to transmit audit adjustments and the reasons for them along with management recommendations to the responsible personnel within the District structure.
- Detailed audit plan.
- Your fee proposal to conduct the basic audit function, along with your fee schedule for additional services that may be required beyond the scope of the audit engagement. The proposal should also state that any increase in the audit fee will be immediately disclosed to the District Manager. This disclosure should include an estimation of the increased fees and the reason for the increase.
- Estimated number of hours to complete the audit by classification of your employees, i.e. partners, senior, junior.
- Detail of expenses expected to be incurred, i.e. mileage, per diem, telephone, etc.
- Audit firm to produce statements and to print annual report.
- Proof that the firm is certified to conduct municipal audits by the Board of Accountancy.
The final decision of the selection of the firm to conduct the audit will be made by the Board of Directors. The final agreement will be in the form of a written contract following the standard agreement form used by CPA firms conducting audits.
All questions and correspondence should be directed to Finance Manager, Paula Landrus in writing at 500 NE Belknap ST, Prineville Oregon 97754 or at email@example.com or by calling 541-447-5011. Contact with Crook County Fire and Rescue personnel other than Paula Landrus regarding this RFP may be grounds for elimination from the selection process.
Crook County Fire and Rescue